Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Projects.. DOWN!

Ok.. since I've been doing tons-o- crafts ( mind you it was baby mobiles for the last couple of weeks) Things have slowly but surely taken place in my house.. the rock garden is 95% complete.. all we need now is the plants that go against the back wall.. lucky for us we live right next door to a fabulous nursery. I thought about papyrus but I'm still not convinced I want that plant.. I'm gonna do my cross reference with my " MCM Porn" tonight and see what's a better fit or if it is a good fit after all.

I think the reason why I love this rock garden so much is because it makes everything else look so clean and the colors that we do have going on just make it POP. Besides, it beats spending a couple of hundred bucks every season for perennials and don't even get me started on watering them...

I like how I matched the pavers with the front door.. I was pretty proud of that little project!

Inside the house we've been searching high and low for a good medicine cabinet. We saw the ATRAN wall cabinet many times on our journeys to Ikea and it's a steal at $24.99. Crappy thing is that it needed to hold more for us.. So what did we do? We got 2 of them and it fit the space. I think it looks good and now it's kind of a functional art piece in the master bathroom.

Here's another shot of what it looks like with the frosted door... One day we're gonna change that raggedy old sink and vanity- till then, we're just going to have to do what Tim Gunn says, "Make it work!"

The hubby and I have also been working very hard in putting our baby's room together. We finally got the crib up and it's slowly taking shape.

So far the past couple of days ( including the Memorial Day weekend) have been pretty overcast- The weather finally got better yesterday and since I'm in my final weeks of my pregnancy, lots of things need to get done but my energy level is slowly tapering off. It's a mad rush to get a million and one things done but not enough time. ( isn't that always the case?) I think it's just more amplified since we have this little one on her way- Daddy is going to put her mobiles up right now.. ( If I can get him away from the X-Box 360 for 10 minutes), Sunday the upholstery lady should come and take the chaise rocker away and reupholster it to an approprite color, I'll get some art work up on the walls and then.. I'll do a full tour of Ainslie's new room. Till then, stayed tuned!!

1 comment:

Fashion Hayley said...

Wow, looks good. Can't wait to see the finished babies room.