Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Summer , Summer, Summer TIME!

The warmer it gets outside here in Sunny Southern California, the more I want to hang out and enjoy my yard. When we were living in Chicago for that year and a half, I decided that when we got back to California, We should make it our priority to spend more time in our yard and share our home with our space challenged apartment dwelling friends. So, we've been having more parties at our home and on Sundays we are the weekly host of Poker nights. In Chicago, I saw this auction on E-bay and ever since I've been coveting these for our patio.. You gotta love the Ploof by Philippe Starck

Modern lines.. but an arm and a leg for patio furniture.. I think NOT- so I settled for the Kimmie chairs at Ikea. They remind me of gummy bears and we bought them a few years back, they happen to be on sale at the end of that summer for $2.00 each! They work great and look even cuter! (But I still wish for the Ploof chairs one day!)
Here's the view from our master bedroom

I like how the chairs and the Bougainvillea coordinate colors of pink.

Here's more pics of the yard......


The table is also IKEA and the red chairs are Kartell from E-bay. The cool thing about those chairs is that the legs come off and they are stacked so easily for storage!


Wooo Hoo for Southern California Summers!

1 comment:

Fashion Hayley said...

I'm so jealous of your outdoor area. I live in a tiny apartment with not even a balcony! It looks fab, I love the colours.