
I finally had to get rid of my existing VORK rugs from Ikea and changed them to these plain circles to make them into a runner for the hallway. I actually don't mind the circles. The colors fit in perfectly with the rug in the living room and the rug in the baby room and because there's no more pattern like the old runner.. it's not so "busy' looking anymore.
Here's what the baby room looks like so far.. The crib is going to be put together tonight and my Pug mobile I finished weeks ago is going to be hung too.

I'm still debating on what color to re upholster the chaise I guess when I finally go looking for the fabric on Monday I'll figure it out. We already have a purple sofa, and an orange chaise in the living room. I was thinking maybe I'd do it up in a Cookie Monster Blue or in Lime like this:

Two weekends ago I ventured out to the Pasadena Rose bowl for my monthly junking trip. I didn't get to buy too much but what I did buy I was very happy with. I bought this interactive toy called the Magzoid 64. It comes with 20 steel balls and 40 magnetic disks that you can make cool interactive art with. I liked it because not only was it colorful but it went well on my coffee table.

The best part about it was that it was brand new and I got it for 5 bucks! Now, that was a deal!!
My junking trips have usually been only to find treasures for me and for the home but this trip, I couldn't forget about my girls.. They needed a new bed so I got this for them. The canopy is velcro-ed on so you can take it off or put it up or down. The girl's Auntie Kimee said it was a perfect fit for our house.. she was totally right! Here's Penelope modeling their new bed!

Please forgive me if I don't post as much as I'd like.. things have been a little crazy. Tomorrow I plan to take pictures of my rock garden in the front.. it's almost done and I painted the pavers to match the front door.. It's so Palm Springs that it makes me giddy whenever we drive up to our house.. Stay tuned!!

No comments:
Post a Comment