Thursday, May 22, 2008

Palm Springs Love, Love LOVE YOU!


Sometimes I like to spend my free time looking on Craigslist at Mid century modern homes in Palm Springs. One day when I win the lottery and if I could be lucky enough to afford a "vacation home" I would get one there. Preferably a Nice Butterfly roof Alexander or a Palmer & Krisel and everyone knows that nothing says modern like an Eichler or a beautiful Cliff May. Till then I'll just keep looking at my Atomic Ranch magazines ( what I like to call " MCM porn") and drool over other people's homes and landscaping. Here's a couple of pictures that I like to keep as MCM inspiration. Apparently this home in Palm Springs used to belong to designer Kenneth Brown and has been on the market for a long time

I wish I had a picture of the fabulous front gate that closes up this "compound" It's orange and it looks so HOT! I like that most of the stuff is totally found at this store in LA called ROOM SERVICE one of my favorite stores to check out when I'm in Hollywood!

Here's one more pic of this home in Palm Springs.


A couple of years ago the owner of Room Service sold their house. I was one of the lucky ones to go to the open house. It was decked out in pretty much all the furnishings of the store. And needless to say, I was in LOVE! Here's some pics of what it looked like inside. Shame that the new owner changed the color of the house and from the looks of it closed off the cool atrium and didn't know that they were buying a mid century modern home.. Don't you just hate that?

No comments: