I love the details like the Warhol pictures in the rooms and and how the decor is slightly funky, elegant and eclectic. Sorry about the blurriness of the pics-That's when I didn't quite know how to adjust my camera.
I enjoy the Wynn but this time we stayed at one of the older casinos- The Flamingo!The Flamingo has been around since the 50's. Not one of the newer "super sized" hotels on the strip but this hotel has HISTORY! The casino itself is pretty dank but this is from someone who likes to gamble her money at the Wynn , Bellagio, or Mandalay Bay. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised when I say the newly remodeled rooms at the Flamingo. I think what impresses me is that with a little know how, you could probably do this decor yourself, Something a little more posh than Design on a Dime but all do-able. Here's what I mean
See the headboard.. It's white vinyl tufted- I think it's super cute- The room is kinda girly but I still dig it. The color scheme reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream- Pink, Brown, Beige, White
Yummy! Check out the wall paper.. It's totally Ice cream!
Another genius thing was the TV in the bathroom mirror- Ok, I think I've seen this on HGTV's "I Want That" and yeah, the Wynn has a TV in the bathroom too but this one is in the mirror- So much better!
The next two pics are of the desk in the room and the light fixture above the bed.
See the lamp and the chair? Very Jonathan Adler! I swear I think I saw an episode of Design on a Dime and they showed you how to make a lamp just like that one.. well, kinda like that. Here's what the room looks like in the day and here's a shot of the wall paper in the natural light.
The Flamingo may be an old hotel but what a pleasant surprise with the room renovations. Very cute.. and If I still had a New York apartment and I was a single girl, you could bet that I'd be redecorating my place to look like this!

1 comment:
I do love the wallpaper! ALOT! That room is very fun. Love the white vinyl and I love the white lamps. I really want to paint some stripes like that somewhere. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
Post a Comment