Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's about THAT time-







Last year was pretty crazy.. We were in the process of coming back home from living a year and a half in Chicago. It was so crazy that we didn't even get to celebrate Christmas that year. All our stuff was in transit back to L.A and we were traveling by car, cross country the day after Christmas so, we kinda put Christmas off and decided that our Christmas celebration was us coming home! Anyway when I was in Chicago, I scored a tinsel tree from E-bay-
I've always wanted one so for Christmas 2005, I got my wish and we had our first Tinsel tree ... color wheel and all-
I was stoked that it was in great condition and the crazy thing is that some of those vintage trees can put you back a pretty penny. I think I paid less than $40 for mine - It was complete with no branches missing and I think it's about 6 feet tall- I have seen fuller ones but I kinda like the "minimalist" look of this tinsel tree. Oh, yeah and those tinsel pom-poms and clear glass ornaments-Totally IKEA! (I loves me some IKEA)

Anyway.. since we are going to have our first Atomic Ranch Christmas back HOME at our house, I figure it's time to really deck out the house this year. So what did I find at TARGET???


Yes!! Baby colored tinsel tress for $2.50! I can't tell you how stoked I am! I know, they're not for everyone but, have you seen my house?

It's not for everyone-

The best thing about these trees is that they come in pink, purple, silver and blue.. even the font on the packaging is retro! And for $2.50? I suggest you get in your car NOW and get them before I buy them all out!! You can find them in the dollar section bargain bins..
You're welcome! ;)


No comments: