Friday, November 9, 2007

Two more Pets.. without the cleanup or the feeding

My Girls (Lt to Rt) Bijoux, Penelope, Skylar and Diva

I've got 4 pugs.. I can't take care of anymore "friends" but I wanted something to add to the dead space in my kitchen/dining area. I got this idea from a friend who has a fish tank almost like this hanging in her home. I've seen the beta wall pods
but her fish tank actually hangs from the ceiling and as soon as I saw it, I had to have one for my house!! (but just a cheaper version!)

My last trip to New York I stopped by Canal Plastics and bought 2 plastic hemispheres. They connect by a plastic screw on the bottom. I think retail stores use these for displays at Christmas time and put merchandise in them since they look a lot like clear plastic ornaments. Anyway, I hand carried these suckers on the plane back home to LA.


Since I don't have the time and energy to take care of any more "friends".. I came up with this idea.
I had to epoxy glue the hemispheres together and cut a hole at the top so I can add my gravel in there but .. Mission accomplished..It's cool to look at, there's no having to clean up after my fish and the dead space isn't so dead anymore in the dining area! Check it out hanging in the corner!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

You have all the furniture I want. :( I am jealous. lol I didn't know you had 4 pugs!! VERY CUTE! So, we both like animals alot too. :) Anyways, great fish tank idea. Looks good.

Jessie said...

Do you mind if I blog about you on my blog? I would like people to meet my design twin. ;) lol

Monkey said...

Your pugs are so cute! I love the lime green and orange on that chair too! Two of the best colors in the world. Come check out the colors in my house via my blog...grape green kitchen, orange laundry room, etc... :)
I found you through Jessie's blog by the way!