Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking it back..old school


Since I've been in the process of 'nesting" I have been able to take a look at old projects that I've done... (some of them I wish I still kept) Here's one project that I did in our old Chicago apartment. It was inspired by George Nelson's marshmallow sofa - But instead I made it a headboard.
Materials needed :
A plain metal headboard with bars ( the one I found was at the Brown Elephant thrift store for $20)
8 plywood circles
Colored Vinyl ( I used orange and red)
Thick upholstery foam
16 "rigid ties" used for wood or "conduit fasteners"
Staple gun

Here's what I envisioned it to look like when I made the plans...

Here's what the fished product looked like- I'm still bummed that I didn't at least get to keep the padded vinyl circles I made but I was in such a rush to get out of Chicago and back to LA, I figured.. it was so fun making it- I probably could make it again someday.

No comments: