Thursday, April 17, 2008

My favorite "Junk" finds

I've been looking at so many old pictures of projects and I wanted to share my favorite finds that I've turned into "treasures" for my home. I believe there was a topic on one of my favorite "nerd boards" Lottaliving
That was called "Thrifters, Pillagers, Estate Salers..post your top 5 finds!"

Here's some of mine:

My bedroom I needed a dresser that wasn't Ikea. I had one of those white MALM dressers and when we moved into our house.. it didn't travel well :( The paint got scratched and it was basically falling apart. I found this on Craigslist for about $120 and here's how we made it ours.




I love to go to the Pasadena Rose Bowl. It's one of my favorite places to go "junking" I needed something really cute as nightstands for our master bedroom I found these
I notice this girl contemplating if she was going to get them. I think she was planning to use them to store her CD collection.. As soon as she turned her back, I made my deal with the seller and got them both for $30. Look what some white spray paint and some recycled thin MDF can do for ya!




Here's a cabinet I got at the Pasadena Rose bowl for $15. I painted it and I bought it some new knobs.. I think it turned out pretty cute . It holds our office supplies and it lives there now.


We had to get this dresser for the guest room.. I won it on E-bay for $80 A little paint, a little cleaning and Voila! It's a brand new dresser!!


Here's a couple more things I won on E-bay

Artist Palate shaped coffee table for $25. The story is that it was the coffee table at the Wilhelmina Modeling agency back in the 80's. I had to paint it lime green and put casters on it. I'm not too crazy about the legs ( they're kinda chunky) but the casters work out cool if I had to move it.

The frame, the lamp, the phone.. all E-bay wins as well!

More Junk finds to come....

2 comments:

Retromodgirl said...

OMG, I love it all!! The two orange dressers are to die for!!! You are a diy design genius!

Now, please come decorate my house...

Peggy said...

Your orange dresser looks too fab! I love how you matched it with orange accessories.