Saturday, April 19, 2008

More Junk finds...the BIG ticket items

Lately inspiration has hit me to blog more. Maybe it's because I've been stuck at home on the weekends 7 months pregnant with very little projects. So again I've been looking at my pictures on my computer and here's more of my favorite finds from E-bay, Flea Markets and Craigslist. I thank my lucky stars every day for my treasures. If I had waited any longer to figure out what I really loved for my home.. other people would have already beat me to the punch. Lately E-bay and Craigslist has been a barren desert- it's alright though.. I have way too much stuff anyway!

And the list goes on...

One of my all time favorite pieces that I really had to wait for was this rocker /chaise lounge. I fell in love with one just like it at the Lucky Strike Bowling alley in Anaheim back in late 2003. Back then we didn't have our house yet but that was one piece of furniture that I could'nt stop obsessing about. When I first saw it I had to ask the manager where they got it.. He said that it was a vintage piece so of course I searched high and low for mine. One day, in 2004 we were on our way to Las Vegas. Low and behold there it was on Craigslist. I made a deal with my husband.. If I won in Vegas, I could buy the chaise. He agreed, I called the seller, told him that I was out of town but I was going to buy it the moment I came back from my trip. I had to go all the way to the Hollywood Hills to get this beauty and as soon as we get this reupholstered.. It'll be the perfect addition to our daughter's room!

I bought my dining room set of chairs from E-bay. I had to get the set all with the full seats. I know there are some sets that come with two full seat chairs or just one and the rest don't have the full back and arm rests. It's not authentic Burke or Saarinen but I love it just the same. When I first started obsessing that I wanted this for our new house my husband did give me a couple of eye rolls but after I bought it and made the seat cushions work with the decor of our home.. I think he likes it as much as I do now!
We've changed out the table base for one we found in Chicago for $20 at the Brown Elephant Thrift store. The old table had an oval table top from IKEA and legs from there as well. We decided to keep the table top and just switch out the base to match the chairs. The picture of the table with the orange Panton chairs ( also a great Craigslist Chicago find) was taken when we lived in Chicago.

My last three major pieces that I found were from E-bay. The hubby had a vision when we bought the "Captain's Chair". This poor chair was a throw back to the 70's . Originally it had brown velour and brown Naugahyde. Luckily, my husband had the vision to get this beauty reupholstered in red velour and white vinyl and now it's a MAJOR piece in our home. Ok Daddy, I'll give you this one.. You were right! And I love it!Two more chairs that I got from E-bay for a steal.
This one lives in the corner. My Father in Law had to give it new legs because for some reason they got lost in transit. Good thing he's handy!


And last but not least.. One of my favorite finds I got in Chicago. This one needed some help. I fell in love with the shape of this chair and it really needs a professional to give it some real love. I did my best to do a decent job to reupholster this one and really, the only reason we decided to keep this was because our girls were so attached to it and it was only $80. So now it lives in the office and when it's nap time, they always have a place to nap in the sun!

1 comment:

modmaison said...

So creative! Your baby will be lucky to grow up with such color.
-Robyn