Thursday, April 10, 2008

Slowly but surely..


Ok, I know it's been a while but here I go with the latest update. We finally got the chance to paint the bricks in the front of the house. I think it turned out very nicely. It looks a little "colder" and "industrial" then the look of brick but we think we like it so much more than what it did look like. I finally got the change to organize all my stuff (putting pictures in albums, turning VHS tapes into DVDs, throwing stuff out and organizing our lives) before it gets all turned around when our daughter arrives.
Crappy things that are going on with the house... We are going to have to move to San Francisco in January for God knows how long so we're going to have to rent out our house again. Hopefully this time we find some decent tenants that won't jack up our house by letting their pet rabbits eat away at our moulding or decide that they make our home into a marijuana grow house. ( Yes people, this has been done to us!) Now our kitchen sink won't drain properly and unfortunately the house wasn't built with a "clean out pipe" to let the water go directly out into the sewer.. This doesn't happen to homes that are built on foundations- Our home is built on slab. So money is really tight right now.. I guess that's what you deal with when you own a home.. it's always something. I guess the other improvements are going to have to wait till the sink gets fixed- May be finally getting that rock garden done or putting in all that horsetail bamboo and taking out the rose bushes...Yeah, things are going to have to wait.

No comments: