
So this week we made our way back up north to the "PAP house". This time, for the big stuff clean out. All the big furniture needed to be taken away by the Salvation Army so when Wednesday came around, the house would be all clear to put the new carpet in. All went pretty well but we hit a snafu when I realized that the piano I was trying to get rid of was virtually a huge piece of junk that couldn't even be given away and needed to be hauled away and junked. The same thing happened to the dresser. Since we had a time crunch, I had to hire a Craigslist junk guy to take the two huge things away. We weren't anticipating having to pay someone $200 to take 2 pieces of junk away but it had to be done. What I really wanted to do was hire a giant to actually pick up the entire house and shake everything out of it.
My dad was hell bent on keeping these sewing tables that we found out (after the junk guy was long gone) was JUNK too. It's maddening to try and get things out of that house when the person you're directly dealing with won't get rid of stuff too. The next day, the carpet guy finally came in to take away the nastiness ( an hour late and with zero help). It turns out that underneath all that nasty carpet was the old padding that they used to use in the 70's.. good old toxic, foam rubber. Most of it has long disintegrated into this wonderful dust that's probably hazardous to our health.

Underneath all that nasty carpet and rubber was an old , stained parkay wood floor and wood floors throughout the entire house. Sadly, the floors are in crappy condition (why is that NOT a surprise to me?) The carpet man finally finished up at 9:30pm and we finally were out of there and on the road back to LA.

Here's a before and after of the hallway.. as you can see.. a HUGE difference!


We chose a grey/white carpet throughout the house. Lucky for the house, these new tenants are planning to take care of this carpet. The amazing thing is that as soon as the carpet man was done.. I had to remind my oblivious uncle that this was a brand new WHITE carpet, I have a 7 month old that's starting to crawl on the floor and I plan to keep it clean so TAKE OFF YOUR DAMN SHOES! I swear, some people are such pigs!
This week we are back in LA, packing up my house for the big move to Frisco at the begining of February. But first.. A couple of days in Vegas for one last hurrah and some much deserved pampering at the WYNN!

1 comment:
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I try to atleast post once a month. My kitchen tile is from Lowes. It was in their special order stuff, near their carpet section.
Post a Comment