Friday, January 16, 2009

Last day at the Pasadena Rose Bowl


Last weekend, after driving back from a LONG three days in San Francisco, I decided to take my new little shopping partner ( My daughter, Ainslie) to the very last Pasadena Rose Bowl Junks ( Flea Market) We all came back from Frisco the night before and we were so tired. That Sunday, I woke up pretty early and decided to make that last pilgrimage to my favorite place one last time . So with Ainslie in tow , we headed out to Pasadena and spent about and hour and a half there. Now that I have a baby, things are a little different when I go to the Junks. Before she was born, I used to bring one of those laundry carts around just in case I bought something so spectacular that I couldn't carry it and I had to cart it around. Now that she's with me and she's older- I leave the stroller behind and put her in her BIJORN.I have a baby in the front and I have a huge backpack for my treasures fastenedon my back. That day, we really weren't looking for anything particular but when I found my latest treasure.. I had to have it. So I carried it on my head ! Lucky for us they were light and I found them right before I got over heated and I was right about to go home. The vendor even said, " So, you're starting your little one early with an appreciation for Mid- Century Modern?" You bet! She is no doubt the Mod Diva's offspring :) Check out Ainslie's new treasures I got for $30.00 for the pair!
Yeah, you're jealous! My daughter's gonna have some real kick ass MCM tea parties or with my luck.. she'll like Shabby Chic :(

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Those are the most KICK ASS chairs!! If you ever get tired of them, which you probably ever won't...think of me first! Your girl can SO not become a shabby chic girl, no way.

Vintage Hunter said...

What a great find! Those are awesome.

Jessie said...

That is such a cute picture!!!! I love the chairs of course! I am sad to see you move out of your pretty home!!!!:(