Friday, January 16, 2009

Mod Diva is MOVING!

Hey Kids,
It's been awhile but I'm back. Life in LA has been AH-Mazing but it's time to make a move again.. Before you get all nuts. NO, I'm NOT selling my little MCM in the Valley- We're just relocating to Frisco for a few years.The Hubby's gig has moved and so must we..So, here's the new project-
We are moving to my grandmother's old home in San Francisco! A little background on the house- It's HELLA old! and pretty DANK if you ask me. I likes to refer to it as the "P-A-P" House a/k/a the Port-A-Potty House. I call it this because it's basically a dumping ground for CRAP. It's pretty smelly, and junky and GROSS. We are living there thanks to my Dad rent free and with a baby, 4 pugs and high rents in the city- Were else would you get a better deal than FREE 99? So that being said..We are making the move to the PAP house. My grandma lived there for about 33 years in which she pretty much kept every piece of clothing she had in her 93 years of life. She passed away in 2004 and her house has pretty much been untouched since then. Hello.. it's 2009 and here I come into the picture. This is a 2 bedroom 1 bath house. But so far we only have access to one bedroom.. My uncle ( who's a bonafide hoarder.. No REALLY) Has put a deadbolt on the second bedroom so we don't have access to it ( yet). ( Snarkily.. ( is that a word?) I love FAMILY! (You can't make stuff like this up!)
There's gonna be a whole lot of work that's going to be done in the next couple of weeks and a bunch of before and after pics. We've already started clearing out all her personal things and the new carpet is going into the house next week. Salvation Army has been called and hopefully, before I go crazy, the demo will get done in the kitchen, new paint or wallpaper in the bathroom will go up and it will be MOD- Divafied! Here's a sample of what we're looking at..

And yes.. what you see is correct.. There's NOT just ONE but TWO bedpans in the middle of the living room.. I told ya.. DISGUSTING!
(Oh, yeah and this is an AFTER pic.. we got rid of a ton of boxes and about 40 garbage bags filled with her clothes!)
This rug used to be shag yellow and as you can tell it's so caked on with grime and stickiness that it's turned a lovely shade of baby food puke green!.. by mid next week.. it's gonna be GONE! Do you feel the itchiness and can you smell the funk?

Here's my Eh HEMM.. "FAVORITE" part of the house.. The Kitchen! OMG.. How nasty is this? I'm almost embarrassed to put a pic of this place up but I can't wait to show the before and after pics when I'm done with this place.
It's crazy to think someone actually can live like this but for many years it's been this way. I guess there's a lot of people in this world who really don't care.. Well NOT me. Truth be told, I had a mini anxiety attack when I saw all the work we're going to have to do to this house but I guess now it's pretty exciting to take on a new project and when it's finally done, it'll all be worth it. It's just different now that I have a baby and life has to be a bit more on a schedule. Gone are the days that I can get lost in doing a project. Sometimes you've gotta heed to the call of a hungry baby! Salvation Army is on the way to pick up all the crap and so is Sunset Scavenger. The new carpet will be put in on Wednesday and It's gonna be a crazy ride so stay tuned for the 2009 transformation of the Frisco PAP House!

1 comment:

Monkey said...

Ooh...this place would make me have hives too....God bless you for having to take on this skank mess...but you will make it OH SO fab in no time! Hope you get all the redonkulously gross smells out too! whew.