Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pasadena Rose bowl.... The treasures.

On Sunday, I again made the pilgrimage to Pasadena for the monthly flea market. Walking around in the hot Pasadena sun 8 months pregnant is not a walk in the park but you know, I love going there so much nothing could have stopped me. I didn't buy much but what I did buy I was very happy with.. Here's my latest treasures.
The first thing that I got for $5.00 is this vintage 60's lipstick holder. I love anything that can hide and contain stuff cleverly and look ultra MOD.

The next were 2 vintage ashtrays. Granted, the Hubby and I don't smoke but they look so good outside on our patio. It was a must as far as accessories!




Here's a pic of the second one-
It's too cute with the pink Ikea Kimee chairs!



When I had my baby shower at my girlfriend's home ( who's style happens to be a Shabby Chic kinda girl) I loved that she entertained with the perfect "shabby chic" style apron. I had to get one too- but a Mod one.. Good thing this month, I finally found the appropriate one for ME and my kitchen!



I also bought a baby sling- the greatest thing is I spent about $75 total the entire day on my treasures, my entrance fee and my $8.00 bratwurst- What an awesome day! Great finds at the Rose bowl- Hummm.. maybe I'll take my baby with me next month!
Here's more Great finds from previous "Junking" adventures

Green Vintage Panasonic ball radio and vintage orange phone both $10.00

Vintage ball calendar ( from Ebay and shipped from Hawaii) $12.00 and vintage jewelry box for $8.00. I loves me some plastics! It's the best when people come over and ask.. "Where'd you get THAT?" and you say.. "It's Vintage and a rare find.. sorry' bout it!"

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I love that turquoise jewelry holder!

Monkey said...

That lamps rocks! I LOVE!

Unknown said...

I love that little toaster oven. Where did you get it? shoot me a message. Thanks!

ModDiva said...

Hey Trixie,
The toster oven was a gift bought for me many years ago. I beleive she bought it at Urban Outfitters.
Cheers!
Mod Diva