
So, the Hubby and I have been diligently working on our daughter's nursery. I've been trying to keep myself busy for the last 8 months by getting pretty much EVERYTHING that I wish I could do when I had the time. And you know what.. I did! I am proud to say, every closet, every drawer, every project from turning CDs and cassettes to MP3 and converting video footage to actual movies has been done. I even put all my photo albums together and even organized old negatives. Yes, I know I'm a bit on the anal retentive side.. but I had the time to get it done- Now that I have a baby coming these are things that I HAD to get done or they would just pile up on me. So here's the latest on the nursery. The chaise came back today. I had a great re upholstery person not only did she do a great job but she finished the chaise in a week! I got the material I wanted from the fabric district in downtown LA.. (something pretty unisex since we plan to have another baby - I didn't want the chaise to be too girly for the next one).I chose an apple green fabric in the softest material. Here's a picture of Diva checking it out

I think Emi did a great job with the re upholstery and she even painted the legs so it basically looks like a brand new rocker. It's so perfect in Ainslie's room!
I'm trying to get the best angles of the nursery but the room is pretty small and it's hard to take great pictures. Here's what the final bubble frame looks like with all her sonograms

Daddy put her Pug mobile up above her crib. I was lucky enough to find some of the ribbon we used for our wedding invitations and I added that to the mobile too!

We didn't really have to buy any new furniture for her nursery. The only thing that is new is the crib. We had the funky rug from our old apartment in Chicago- We bought that at Kmart. I believe it was from the Mary Kate and Ashley line :)


The dresser/changing table Penelope is showing you was from when we lived in our old apartment in Burbank. It's the ROBIN dresser from IKEA with changed hardware. It's perfect because little clothes for baby don't need a huge dresser and it doubles as a changing table.. I'm glad I didn't end up selling that one on Craigslist! Daddy hung the ball mobile I made up above the dresser/changing table so she has something to look at when we change poopy diapers!

After spending most of my morning hanging out in Ainslie's room, I found a long lost project that I never had the chance to hang up. They were IKEA mirrors that I decoupaged about 4 years ago. I remember doing this project with my girls when I was working at Disney. Everyone had a different style to their mirrors- Of course, The Mod Diva had to choose a very POP Art feel to hers. The crazy thing is that I made them into a series of three- The common thing about all 3 mirrors was the magazine artwork I used from a Sketcher's Ad ( I think)The graphics looked very bright and bold.. and it worked out well for what I was doing. I decided to hang these up in the nursery too.. better than leaving them to collect dust in her closet!

We're coming to the last of my projects in her room. I have yet to put up the bubble frames with our pregnancy photo shoot pictures in them. As soon as I'm done I'll post a picture of that too. It was a lot of fun making a room for her. They say the nursery is the most colorful room in the house.. Not in this case- The best thing is that the nursery matches our entire home perfectly.

1 comment:
This is the most fun nursery I've ever seen! Great job!
Post a Comment