Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Holidays are HERE!






















It's that time again- Officially December so let's put up all our decorations up and eat, Eat, EAT! For those who know my husband and I .. we are very private people so it came as a big surprise that we decided to have a Christmas party and invite his entire cast and crew to our 1234 square foot home. Funny, I didn't anticipate very many people to want to show up but from the looks of things, I think most of his cast is coming. It was already crazy when we had 15 people over for Thanksgiving. Now, I can't imagine having over who knows how many. I'm hoping for great weather so most of the time we can do this outside. It was 80 degrees here yesterday so I'm praying for another wonderful California winter day for our party.







We started with some of the projects that were on the
"To Do" list but were cut short due to a death in the family . My husband left for Hawaii to be with his family as I stayed home to hold down the fort and left with some 1/2 finished projects- We started by laying down the black weed cloth and putting down the white granite rocks. Yup, that's 5 bags full-As you can see.. not enough to fill the dirt garden. The cute mailbox is from Chiasso I loved it so much I drove it cross country from their store in Chicago!














We also decided to paint over the terracotta tile in grey- It looks better than the terracotta but it gets really dirty quick.










Now here's what the house looks like inside with some of our Christmas stuff mixed in.
















Here's the vintage E-bay tinsel tree in the living room. I still haven't found the perfect tree turner for it but I do have a fabulous color wheel!


















The Hubby is a huge collector of Department 56 Christmas Village pieces and unfortunately there's just so many village pieces and not so much space. I saw this piece at Jo-Ann's in 2005 when I was in Chicago and it reminded me of our house so I had to have it! I think it fits right into our decor! The line was called Retroville and since then it's been discontinued :(



















We couldn't leave the kitchen out of the Christmas decor..
See the tree on the table matches the wreath on the front door both bought at Target!














The Hubby is also a big fan of these candy dispensers that like to "poop" jelly beans...So, of course we had to display those.

Here's what's at the end of the kitchen.. Our guest bathroom and to the right is our guest room

Underneath the "Warhol"-ized portrait I made of my pugs Penelope and Skylar is our Puggy-bank "Dollar". Yeah, the Target trees have made their appearances all over the house!

Here's Skylar in her Christmas blankie doing what she does well- Snug like a PUG in a Rug!






3 comments:

Jessie said...

I love all your xmas decor!!!! Very pretty. I am jealous of the 80 degree weather! It was 17 degrees the other night and snowed. :( I hate ohio winters. Oh well, thats life. hehehe

I love that mailbox! I thought of buying that same one for our house. (Imagine that, us liking and having the same thing!! lol)

I love the pug popart print. I am getting photoshop finally for xmas! So, I will get to do some fun stuff like that! Good luck with your party. :)

Peggy said...

I adore your yellow lamps!

Retromodgirl said...

I could eat your whole house for dessert!! It is mod heaven! Can I move in?