Wednesday, December 19, 2007

History and Holidays with Charles Phoenix


For 2 summers I went to The Ford Center to see “histo-tainer” Charles Phoenix. For those of you who are not familiar, He is an author of several Mid-century coffee books,and is famous for his live comedy retro slide shows. The first retro slide show I went to see was his Retro Vacation Slide Show Tour of the USA in 2003 then I went to see The United States of Charles Phoenix (A Comedy about Mid-Century Americana) this summer.All his slide shows are different but the gist of it is that he celebrates the kitschy and classic 50s, 60s & 70s in slide shows.
The latest show he had in Los Angeles was THE CHARLES PHOENIX HOLIDAY JUBILEE which we were lucky enough to catch on Monday night.
The show was fantastic and I highly suggest if you're a big mid century, kitch 50's, 60's and 70's fan, and love to laugh.. He's the guy to catch if he's in your hood! His show is nothing like you've ever seen. He's just AH-mazing and quite the snappest of dressers too!

No comments: