Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ikea.. How I love thee-

The first place my(now) husband and I lived in was in a tiny little apartment in NYC. We moved to Los Angeles in 2001. We bought our very 1st home in 2004. We've always had a thing for IKEA from our days in NYC to LA and Chicago. IKEA has been a constant in every apartment and home we've lived in. I do love the colors when Ikea likes to go BOLD and I'm kinda sad that in the last few years, they haven't really WOWed me with their selection of duvet covers. This month is different.. they've got this!




This is the Hulda Rund from Ikea.. Looked so good I braved it on a Sunday and I got it for my guest room.


Yes, that's one of the older duvets that they had at IKEA. I loved it so much I bought a replacement for when that one fades! Oh.. and that mirror is one of my many projects that I created on my shoestring budget. It seems to be a big favorite when I have people over because they can't believe I made that.. It lives in the guest room since it's quite huge. I must admit, it does make a big impact in the room.. and all the better when I tell people that I made it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! what a cool mirror! i have seen mirrors like it that go for a pretty penny. how did you make it? how much did the project cost? please tell me more!

ModDiva said...

Hey there-
Yeah, it's a pretty easy project- I bought a bunch of multi-sized mirrors at a wedding supply store, a bunch of different length bicycle spokes from a bike shop, and a piece of circular wood. The mirrors were all hot glued onto the spokes, and all screwed onto the wooden circle that I spray painted silver- The project cost about less than a hundred bucks but I still have left over mirrors for other projects and my mirror is HUGE! It's about 3 feet across (bigger than what you'd find at a store) and I put on ALOT of mirrors to make it really sparkle! It's a stunner in person! Make one! It's a showstoppa!
Cheers,
Mod Diva