Sunday, October 28, 2007

My 1953 M.C.M. (Mid Century Modern)

















We bought our home in 2004. At first, I was interested in the architecture of the home. Since I was born and raised in San Francisco, we were always in the Westlake District and I was intrigued by the homes there. I later found out that those homes were Mid- Century Modern style and made by Doelger . My goal was to find a home in Southern California with that same style but in our budget. After a quick visit to San Francisco, I found our home. A 4 bedroom 2 bath 1234 square foot , MCM built in 1953. When I saw it I was in love.. For those of you who own a home.. You know what I mean when you walk into a place and you can see it as your
"Forever House"
That's exactly how I felt when I saw our home.
Here's a tour of the First room.. The Living Room





1 comment:

Peggy said...

love love love the purple sofa and yellow pillows. Also love the orange sofa. I think I remember seeing your place in AT's color contest last year. I love it.