
It's been almost 4 months since I gave birth to our second (and last) child, AJ. Life was so crazy adjusting to TWO kids. When he arrived, it was so close to the holidays and then BAM! It's March! His nursery was put together with a bunch of stuff we had before he was born. A left over Ikea rug we had from when we first moved to LA, some art work I made from our old apartment in Chicago, A table I made out of a vintage base drum kit I bought at the Pasadena Rose Bowl and some of the basic stuff from the original nursery I had for Ainslie.

Big Sister's chaise lounge made it back into the room and how happy I was that I recovered it in that unisex green. I was happy I got to get a few projects in to make the room his. Just like big sister, I made my own baby stats poster for him. I saw these on a website that charged people $28 to make- I got to choose my own retro font and colors, sent it out to be made poster size and I made mine for way less.
I also made him my own version of this letter monogram that I saw was being sold on Etsy for $15 to -$20 a pop. Nothing a quick trip to Jo-Ann's can do to get your crafting juices flowing.
I decided to put up another one of our old pieces of art work we had in storage up in his room. It might have been been not such a good idea since he's such a Mr. Grabby Pants but it looked so cool. The inspiration came from a restaurant the Hubs and I used to go to in NYC called, Vynl diner. Their version was made from colored pieces of laminated paper. We decided to do ours with acrylic squares and key rings- We've had this in storage for a hot second and made this way back in 2001

The pug mobile I made for Ainslie stayed in it's rightful place and I made his a rock and roll mobile above his changing table out of those ready made wood cut outs you can get at Jo-Ann's- I just hot glued some metal washers on the back to give them some weight and painted the backs black.

Since the room is so small- The layout didn't change at all. Now, the challenge is for me to finally cut the apron strings and get him into his own room and into his crib:)

1 comment:
It looks so cute and colorful!!! He is a little cutie. :) I love the poster you made. I may have to do that someday also! (I have a few years still. lol)
Post a Comment