
It's been awhile and I am so due for an update. The renovation of the SF PAP house is going slow but steady. We managed to clear out the garage of my hoarder uncle's junk so we can finally park in there and not have to search for parking 2 blocks away from our house, the kitchen is in working condition and the outside... well, lets just say that it's the little things that make a big difference. A couple of weeks ago I decided to paint the garage door in Disney by Behr paint in Alien Green. I guess since this house had looked like no one had given it any kind of love in YEARS, I got a lot of stares from the neighbors when I went out one Saturday morning and decided to paint. One neighbor asked my husband.. " Why LIME green?' His reply- " Why NOT?" I think it makes a HUGE difference.

I also went ahead and bought some new house numbers for the place. I know house numbers are just a little thing but I like to compare them to "earrings" on a house. I got these at OSH for $7.00 a number. You can change the entire look of the front with a good looking house number. We used a piece of peg board and painted that for the background. I think it turned out super dope.

The front gate used to be silver and I spray painted that white to make the design pop out more. I think you can see the 60's influence with the gate and the bright green front door in the background. I totally dig the pattern of the gate.
I have a light fixture for the front as well but I think there's something wrong with the wiring of the front entrance so we're gonna have to fix that first before we put the new fixture in.
Like I said, even after being in San Francisco for a whole 7 months, getting things done is a whole other ball game with a toddler running around and calling for YOU and only YOU. If I didn't have a baby... this place would already be to Mod Diva standards and you'd see what the rest of the house looked like( but I wouldn't have it any other way)- Oh well, I guess for now I'll be happy with getting at least one project down-
Cheers,
Mod Diva

1 comment:
I DIG that address! the colors are great as well! Can't wait to see more!
Post a Comment