Saturday, September 26, 2009

I HEART Phillip Spaeth!

I'm a sucker for great photos. I love the works of David La Chapelle and Pierre et Gilles. I'm always up for a photo shoot- Especially if it's retro and themed and I get to play dress-up. Our go to man is our friend Phillip. He's been taking our family photos now since I was 8 weeks pregnant and we've done a total of 4 different shoots with him. We plan our shoots like this: I play the part of the art director/ makeup artist- I tell him the location, I plan the outfits The Hubby thinks up the poses we all share our vision and we have at it. Phillip is going back to NYC so this was our last photo shoot with him until he comes back for some one's vacation or until I'm pregnant again ( he promised that he'd be back to take our photos again when that happens)I will miss him terribly especially when inspiration comes to me in an outfit or perfect location. Here's some of his best stuff with my family.

This picture was the announcement that we were expecting our baby. We added a little surprise in the blank part of the sign that read, "Baby in JUNE".
In the same shoot he added this photoshop effect that makes the picture look totally vintage. I loved it so much that I had this blown up poster size and it hangs in my living room.

Two weeks before I gave birth I wanted to take some baby body pics but of course they couldn't be just the normal black and white look at my belly pics- We did these and I love that I finally could wear this particular outfit. ( I won it on Ebay and had it in my closet in hopes to get my six pack back-) I think this turned out way better.
. I'm so glad we took these pictures when we did because we were pushing the time to do it further and further. She arrived at 38 weeks!

We can't forget the pictures to remind us when the girls were our only babies and when they were still allowed on the bed :(


I think my only regret was not taking any photos of Ainslie when she was a newborn. I mean, how retro looking could I make a newborn?
When we moved to San Francisco I wanted to do a photo shoot that was not so typical (like standing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge) so we went to see the famous Painted Ladies. Can you hear the beginning of the "Full House" theme starting?


We didn't go totally retro but I did manage to keep my Mod Diva-ness to it by sporting the retro earrings and my Mod shades. Ainslie pays tribute to Mary Quant.


On Thursday we took our last shoot with Uncle Philly. I think it catches the essence of our family. Fun, a little funky and most definitely, one of a kind. I fell in love with the location months before we did the shoot.The place is an old record store. The outfit was another score from Ebay. A vintage Velvet Illusion of London dress I won for 29 bucks. Daddy is sporting a vintage Mod/ Ska look and Ainslie- well, she's rocking out to what she thinks is "retro"- an 80's throw back to Cyndi Lauper.

This was such a fun shoot. Too bad Ainslie was not in the mood for any of it. I wish we had all the girls in the family pic too but a baby and 4 pugs would be a little much- doncha think?


We had so much fun with Phillip and were so happy that he was there to capture some of the best moments of our lives as a new family. We wish him nothing but the best in his move back to NYC. If you're out in NYC and need someone FABU to take your shots. Give this boy a holla because he's the pooh- Oh did I mention... quite the HOTTIE as well!

We will miss you so very much Phillip. I'm sure you'll be working it out on the Great White Way as soon as you land there! Come back soon! We love you!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I LOVE ALL YOUR PHOTOS!!! I made sure I showed them to my husband! ;) Thanks for making me want a baby even more. lol I love houndstooth and hot pink, so I really felt like the pictures were something I would do!!!! :) Of course,..minus the California part. lol I will have to think of somewhere else to take photos. You guys make a cute family. Great post!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Such adorable photos!!

Peggy said...

Your family photos are absolutely adorable! I especially love the pink tights. xxoo