
Despite the set backs... ( taking a longer time to put the floor, the back splash and the a snafu with the electrics) It finally was ready to use! I had to make a special order for some white penny tile for the top of the range hood from modwalls.com and they arrived on Wednesday. We loved the result

It's just a little detail but every little detail counts! Here's a closer look at the top of the range hood. We had to add this piece of backer board and tile because the cabinets were a little short. It seemed to work out just fine!

Here's more of the kitchen:

Like I said, It's the little details that count- You may recognize this little detail from my house in LA. It's Skylar's food container- It's made a little home now here in our SF pad now too.


The red microwave and orange coffee maker- by Cooks from JC Penney catalogue!

Ainslie is ready now for Mommy's cooking in the new kitchen- It's been a long 5 months without a usable kitchen but now I'm finally ready to put it to use and get cooking!

As you can see, there's no table in the kitchen anymore- we made it a galley kitchen but behind the door is the entrance to the dining/living room where we have a dining room table!
It's a shame that this kitchen is not in my house in LA but the Hubby said it's a nice rough draft of what our kitchen in LA could look like. I think the only thing I'd change is that I would love to have terrazzo flooring instead of vinyl and I'd love to have those high gloss white cabinets from IKEA. Other than that.. we're pretty happy with the results.

I mean seriously, compared to what the before was... this was a pretty ah-mazing transformation!
Cheers!

4 comments:
Looks Great! Its such a fun mod backsplash!!! I can't wait to see other rooms in your new house. :)
LOVE the tile! Where did you get it? Really nice job.
It looks fantastic. Really cool photos.
All I can say is wow!! Retro looking, yet modern. Very nice!
Post a Comment